Pure uses the Wi-Fi ability of the PSP for multiplayer racing. The added features of the European version as compared to the US version of the game has unfortunately caused the two versions to be incompatible for the purposes of Wi-Fi multiplayer. The game introduces the player to the FX300 Racing League, announced 25 years after the sport came to an abrupt end by controversial disaster that led to hiatus for nearly 15 years, which would not begin until October 2170; Anti-Gravity Racing did not officially end in that year. It also introduces two new teams to the series, each from very contrasting backgrounds: Harimau, an Asian humanitarian organisation which started operating in 2177; and Triakis, an arms-manufacturing conglomerate which looked to Anti-Gravity racing to exhibit their products.
- Wipeout Pure is a 2005 video game in the Wipeout series for the PlayStation Portable.
- The game takes place in the year 2197, one century after Wipeout 2097.
- The developers expressed a desire to return to the handling of Wipeout 2097 and to make various changes to the track design.
- Most notably, the pit lane for recharging shields is absent, with the player instead able to replenish energy by absorbing the currently-carried weapon.
- The return to the style of past games and streamlining of the gameplay make up the "pure" essence of Pure.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.